Phew! Posts on this blog are just like London buses, aren’t they? You wait ages for one and then three come along in quick succession!
|Dresses for Syrian babies|
In February, I posted about having knitted the two dresses in the photo above. I was sending them to Syria Relief for babies in Syria.
I found the pattern for the dresses on Marianna’s Lazy Daisy Days. It is a free download for use when knitting for charity. It is knitted from the top down and is quick and simple to make. Having said that, I did become confused about the sleeves when I looked through the pattern initially. However, it is much simpler just to knit and trust that Marianna knows what she is doing – she does!
|Dresses numbers 3. and 4.|
I really enjoy knitting this pattern as there seems to be a lot of result for surprisingly little effort. I finished the two in the picture above, last week and have just sewn on the two buttons that each needs. As you can see , I have been using odds and ends of balls to make them (I’m trying to clear them from my stash). I am not overly concerned about the depth of the stripes as I rather like them when they vary in size.
Since finishing numbers 3 and 4, I have also completed number 5, although I have not yet sewn any buttons on. In addition, I have dress number 6 on my needles. I’m not sure how this one will turn out as I made a miscalculation of the amount of yarn I had. Also, I changed my mind about using one of the yarns I had chosen as it contains mohair and has a sparkly thread running through it. I think number 6 may be a little unusual in appearance!
Watch this space!